George Moschos was born on 8 May 1906 in Alexandroupolis, Greece. During the Balkan Wars, his family fled in Volos, where his father died in 1918. They returned in Alexandroupolis in 1919, where he completed elementary school and then went to work, while attending high school in Thessaloniki.
Having great artistic appeal, upon fulfilling his military service, he went to Athens to study at the School of Fine Arts. But due to financial difficulties, he decided to attend the Civic Police Academy in Corfu. Upon graduation, while assigned as police officer in Athens, he was able to satisfy his great desire to be involved in the arts. Being successful in the exams, he enrolled in 1928 at the School of Fine Arts and from 1931 to 1935, he studied painting with Constantinos Parthenis, engraving with Yannis Kefallinos and art history with Zacharias Papantoniou. Later he travelled to further his studies in London and Paris. He developed a career as professor of design and decoration in the Papastratios School, the American College for Girls at Hellenicon (1952-1962) and Anatolia College in Thessaloniki (1962-1966). He taught painting at Pierce College in Agia Paraskevi (1967-1975) and kept a scrapbook about the exhibitions of students’ work that he presented there. At the same time he engaged in painting and printmaking. He organized three personal exhibitions, among them that of 1978 in Alexandroupolis. He participated with his work in numerous group exhibitions and events organized by the artistic groups "Free Artists", "Ergastiri" and "Stathmi" both at home and abroad, and in 1956 published the study "The Methods of Printmaking and their History".
The pinnacle of his career, which distinguished him as one of the most important Greek engravers, are the 21 woodcuts with the 20 monasteries of Mount Athos and the Protaton, which the National Gallery published as a limited edition album in 1982. The Academy of Athens awarded him for the same work in 1983. Having received many distinctions and awards and with his works adorning many galleries in Greece and abroad, George Moschos offered many and valuable services to his hometown, especially during the celebration of the centenary since its founding (1878-1978). It is he who designed the symbol of Alexandroupolis, a combination of the lighthouse and the cathedral of Saint Nicholas. For his contribution to Alexandroupolis, George Moschos, who died in 1990, won the Silver Medal of the City.