Underwood & Underwood was an early producer and distributor of stereoscopic and other photographic images, and later was a pioneer in the field of news-bureau photography. The company was founded in 1882 in Ottawa, Kansas by two brothers, Elmer Underwood (b. Fulton County, Illinois 1859 - d. Saint Petersburg, Florida 1947) and Bert Underwood (1862-1943). They moved to Baltimore and then to New York City in 1891. In 1920, the company sold most of its catalog of stereographs to the Keystone View Company. The company ceased business in the 1940s.