|PB: Monday, 3 May 2010|
01. Dr. Aliki Anastasiadi, Curator Megakles Rogakos and Instructor Christa Beeke with children from Cerebral Palsy Greece.
02. Zavik with artwork by Costas Evangelatos.
03. Dimitris Delios with artwork by Nicholas Moore.
04. Instructor Christa Beeke and Pavlos with artwork by Nicholas Moore.
05. Instructor Christa Beeke and Christiana with artwork by Lea Roussopoulou.
06. Dionysis with artwork by Kostas Paniaras.
07. Margarita with artwork by Sotiris Therianos.
08. Instructor Christa Beeke and Vangelis with artwork by Spyros Moschoutis.
09. Instructor Christa Beeke and Kostis with artwork by Nikos Tsarouhas.
10. Dimitris with artwork by Nikos Tsarouhas.
The Open Mind of Lafcadio Hearn: Workshop
Thanks to the initiative of Dr. Aliki Anastasiadis, children of Cerebral Palsy Greece with a special interest in visual art visited "The Open Mind of Lafacadio Hearn" exhibition on Monday, 22 February 2010. The College administration welcomed this initiative and appointed College Ambassadors to help wheelchair users make their way to and from the ACG Art Gallery, supervising the elevator and attending them throughout their visit. The children were received with great enthusiasm, and they were treated to cookies and juice.
Owing to this visit's success, the director of the art program at Cerebral Palsy Greece, Ms. Georgina Kokla, held an art workshop in "The Open Mind" exhibition on 3 May 2010. According to the workshop requirements 12 tables were installed in the gallery, so that the children would create their own works in response to the exhibits. Cookies and juice was offered as per usual.
Art instructor Ms. Christa Beeke supervised the progress of the children. It was wonderful to see the same group actually respond to artworks on display. The responses were amazing as the attached photographs elloquently demonstrate. Congratulations on the excellent teamwork! The College would be delighted to receive children of Cerbral Palsy Greece again in the future.
|INFORMATION: Megakles Rogakos, The American College of Greece - ACG Art
6 Gravias Street, Agia Paraskevi, Athens, GR 15342, Greece, T: +30-210-6009800/1456, E: info@ACGart.gr